Freezer Repair: How Do the Pros Troubleshoot These Issues?
Kitchen appliances have a relatively long lifespan. Having problems with your freezer, especially during the hot summer, is a huge headache that can completely ruin your day. If it has broken down, you have no other choice but to call a licensed and certified freezers repair technician. He will be able to help you in the following situations:
- Your appliance does not work at all and the light is off too. In that case, you have to make sure your freezer is plugged in. If it is and still doesn’t run, check if the outlet is functioning properly. A specialist will inspect your fuse and circuit breaker as well. He will test the cord for any defects too.
- Your freezer doesn’t run but the light is on. In that case, a repairman will check your thermostat settings. He will clean the condenser coils and test the temperature control. Another common cause for this problem could be faulty evaporator fan, defrost timer, or compressor motor.
- Your freezer doesn’t make your food cold enough. A professional will check your temperature settings. He won’t miss on doing an inspection to its other parts, such as vents, condenser coils, defrost heater, as well as check the door for good sealing and switch. Another possible culprit could be a clogged drain tube or refrigerant leak.
- The food is too cold. Again, the temperature and thermostat settings will have to be inspected.
- Your freezer produces loud noises. It could be something wrong with the defrost heater or the condenser fan. In any case, the appliance’s leveling must be examined carefully.
- Your appliance starts and stops more often than usual. The most probable reason for this issue could be clogged condenser coils or condenser fans. A reliable technician will check its compressor relay and motor as well.
- Your appliance is smelly. Unpleasant odors may occur due to spoiled food, for example. If that is not the case, you will have to check your freezer’s interior and clean it with baking soda. Clean the door too.